Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday

This morning was great again. Perfect temperature! We had a great breakfast as we have come to expect with such great cooks along like Mrs. Comerford and Mrs. McGehee. Put the roof on today. Miguel, Joel, and Austin were the stars of that show with guest appearances by myself, Cliff, Sam, and Alicia.
All of those mentioned are very much like monkeys with me being the only exception to that. Today was one of the first times that I really began to realize that I am no longer in the kind of shape it takes to get on a roof comfortably.
We are doing so well that Amor has asked us to pour a foundation slab for another home. I went with Jacob and Jono, our Australian liaison with Amor, to meet this new family and set up forms. They are really nice and very thankful for our being there. They live in an old travel trailer that is about the size of a large van and they have three kids Marcos, Amy, 2nd a one month old baby Jonathan. He was super cute and made me miss my family so much more today. The family that we are presently building a home do is so thankful and they are so cute laying out where people are going to sleep and which room is who's. They ate lunch with us today and I think they may come and have dinner with us at our camp. I'm excited to share some more time with this family. The dad, Roberto, works long days and he works hard it seems. We met a guy named Dexter today who who was very helpful. He was fluent in English and he learned English from playing video games as a youth. So I guess if you want your kids to learn another language get them video games that only speak Spanish.

We accomplished so much today. It will be a good day tomorrow.

Love ya, Chris.

1 comment:

  1. Proud of u guys! Praying for ya a lot! Praising the Lord for all that he is doing through u!

    ReplyDelete