Saturday, August 11, 2012

August 10

Today marks the end of the journey. It was tiring, challenging and life changing, for all of us as well as the family we helped. Some amazing things happened along this journey and they will not soon be forgotten.

I feel so blessed to have been a part of such a great group of people. I could say much about each person that went on this trip and it would all be positive.The house we built was beautiful. The cameraderie was great. Our love for Jesus and each other was evident the whole time and willingness to serve permeated the whole group. I know I am gushing about the group but it is all true.

All in all I will remember this group for their teach ability, service, humility and authenticity. I will remember really long churros, rabbits, singing Jesus loves me more than Sam in Spanish, the faces of the family entering into their new home, the kids playing and helping us build, last years family excited about our visit, worship with other groups at the Amor camp and the many laughs and lessons learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment