Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 3

Today we made it into Mexico without incident! We made great time from Life Pacific to the border. We arrived at our camp and it was all set up for us. We met our cooks Oscar and Alicia and their kids. They are a really sweet family.

It was 105 when we arrived and the camp has little shade. So a couple of us went to get some quick shade things at a Walmart in Tijuana. First we went to the work site and met some of the family that we are building for. They seem really excited to have us come.

I don't know why I don't work harder at learning Spanish -- simple communication takes so much effort. It took me about 5 min to tell a lady that I wanted a broom right now. She thought I meant tomorrow. She and I would come to an understanding about the fact that we are talking about a broom but we were failing on the time it would be needed. Maybe I should work harder at learning the language?

We played some American football with some of the other campers here and with Danny. He is Oscar and Alicia's son. He is nine. He reminded me of my boy Ezra. We had a good time of worship and discussion tonight and after we were done singing a couple of us went over to another fire and met some of the local guys and played guitar and sang and shared some laughs with them. One of them spoke decent English so communication was better.

We ate really good but pretty spicy food tonight. We had a stuffed pepper with meat and cheese it was really good. So sleepy...

No comments:

Post a Comment